Sunday 29 July 2012

Education in Islam - The role of the Mosque


"I am a scientist and I am a believer. As a scientist, my interest goes to the cosmos. I try to unravel the puzzles of the physical reality. As a believer, my interest goes to God and to his action within the human. I try to accept the mystery of the ultimate reality and the multiple ways it appears in the human condition. I feel deeply concerned by our 21st century. The terrible events of September 11 cast a dark shadow on it. Do we have reasons to hope again? Can we prepare seeds for the future?"
A speech by French Muslim scientist, Dr. Abd-al-Haqq Bruno Guiderdoni, Director of Research at the Paris Institute of Astrophysics, to the Science and the Spiritual Quest Conference at Harvard University's Memorial Church, October 25, 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment